The Midnight Vesper

When the light fades out. I give thanks to the day I had. As it turns into night. The solitude washes the sins I got.

True Friends

True friends stab you in the front. (Oscar Wilde)

Living in this present era, I question Wilde’s sentence boldly. The ones stabbing us in the front are not limited to true friends anymore. The matter with front and back is the matter of boldness and superiority. Those who feel superior, not only those who feel right, will not question friendship before stabbing us in the front. On the other hand, those who feel inferior, they will not stab us at all. Stabbing people at the back is only applicable to the mischievous and misguided.

When Wilde’s quote has lost its meaning for me, I stumbled on a more personalized quote which is applicable for me personally,

True friends stab you in the head, not in the heart. (Fransisca Kristanti)

0 comments:

Post a Comment